Focus, responsibility, creativity
Maximilian (Max) Reichert is a founding partner of SRP. He represents clients in disputes before courts and arbitration tribunals. He also acts as a mediator.
Education and career
After several positions as a research assistant and trainee lawyer at major international law firms in Frankfurt/Main, he moved to Munich in 2010. There, he began his career as a lawyer in the dispute resolution department of a large tech company. In 2013, Max Reichert joined the dispute resolution team led by Laurenz Schmitt at the Munich office of a major international law firm. In 2018, he trained as a mediator. In 2019, he founded the law firm SRP together with Laurenz Schmitt. He lives in Munich with his wife and two sons.
- Kirstin Schwedt / Maximilian Reichert: The changing landscape of intra-EU investment protection, Arbitration Links Linklaters, 31.07.2018
- Kirstin Schwedt / Maximilian Reichert: Komplexere Haftung von Aufsichtsräten und Vorständen, Börsen-Zeitung, 06.12.2017
- Maximilian Reichert / Dr. Oliver Suchy: Die Two-Tier Trigger Policy – Marketinginstrument oder zukunftsweisendes D&O-Versicherungskonzept? NZG 2017, 88
- Maximilian Reichert / Dr. Oliver Suchy: D&O-Versicherung, in: Corporate Compliance Praxisleitfaden für die Unternehmensführung Handelsblatt Fachmedien, 2016
- Dr. Anke Sessler / Maximilian Reichert: Ein Jahr nach der Reform, Erste Erfahrungen mit dem Kapitalanleger-Musterverfahrensgesetz, Dispute Resolution Dezember 2013
- Dr. Anke Sessler / Maximilian Reichert: 2 Jahre nach Morrison v. NAB – Wird der Arm der US-Justiz kürzer? WM 2012, 678
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Risse / Maximilian Reichert: Offenlegung eines vertraulichen Vergleichsangebots – Kavaliersdelikt oder strafbarer Geheimnisverrat? NJW 2008, 2860
Market participant in defending claims for alleged involvement in cum-ex trades, amount in dispute > 500 million €.
SRP represents a market participant accused of being involved in cum-ex trades. SRP defends the market participant against claims of other parties involved and secures possible recourse claims against others and former advisors.
US telecommunications company in corporate disputes (contentious shareholders' meetings, interim injunction proceedings, arbitration proceedings, cancellation proceedings), amount in dispute > 200 million €
SRP represents a US telecommunications company in (cross-border) disputes from of a joint venture to build a satellite network. In particular
- contentious shareholders’ meetings,
- numerous preliminary injunction proceedings,
- more than a dozen DIS and ICC arbitrations, and
- setting-aside proceedings against arbitral awards.
Issues in these proceedings are inter alia
- Dismissal of managing directors for cause,
- Redemption of shares for cause,
- Determination of the shareholder compensation payment,
- Claims for damages against managing directors and shareholders,
- Dissolution of the company; and
- Frequency usage rights.
IT company in shareholder dispute between shareholder-managing directors, amount in dispute > 10 million €
SRP represented a medium-sized company in a hard-fought dispute between the two shareholder-managing directors. The dispute involved numerous preliminary injunctions, attachment proceedings and main proceedings. The proceedings focused on the dismissal of managing directors for cause, the redemption shares in the company for cause and the determination of the compensation payment.
Consultants’ and directors’ liability
Corporation in claiming damages from the managing director following a breach of antitrust law, amount in dispute > 20 million €.
Max Reichert was part of a team that represented a corporation in the metal industry in claiming damages from its managing director. The managing director had participated in agreements that breached antitrust law. The team secured the claims against the D&O insurance and negotiated a settlement with the managing director.
Construction group in the enforcement of liability claims against board members due to a defective compliance management system, amount in dispute > 100 million €
Max Reichert was part of a team representing a construction group in claiming damages for the incorrect implementation of a compliance management system from the former management and the D&O insurer.
Corporation in claiming damages from former managing director due to product liability case, amount in dispute > 20 million €
SRP represents a corporation claiming damages from the former managing director for possible negligence in connection with a product liability case.
Holding company in claiming damages against its tax consultant due to consulting errors, amount in dispute > 5 million €
Law firm in defending damages claims based in tort of an insolvency administrator, amount in dispute > 5 million €
SRP represents a German law firm in defending claims for damages based in tort brought by an insolvency administrator over the assets of one of the firm’s clients for an alleged involvement in bankruptcy offences.
Indian solar company in claiming damages arising from attorneys’ liability in arbitration proceedings, amount in dispute > 10 million €
SRP represents an Indian solar company in claiming damages from a German attorney specialised in arbitration due to errors in advice in a DIS arbitration against a buyer of solar cells for payment of the purchase price after refusal to accept solar cells in breach of contract.
Electronics retailer in all commercial disputes
SRP is the exclusive advisor and representative of an electronics retailer for all commercial disputes.
Managing director in his claims against a corporation under a management participation agreement, amount in dispute > 10 million €
Investment banker in claiming damages based in tort against major German bank, amount in dispute > 50 million €.
SRP advises a former investment banker on claiming damages in excess of 50 million € against a major German bank for making false compliance allegations.
NASDAQ-listed company in internal investigation and post-M&A-arbitration, amount in dispute > 20 million €
Laurenz Schmitt and Max Reichert conducted an internal investigation in coordination with the district attorney’s office in connection with violations against the EU Chemicals Regulation at the target company and represented the buyer (a US aerospace company listed on NASDAQ) in claiming damages and breaches of warranties against the German seller, inter alia, for fraudulent misrepresentation, in an arbitration.
Seller against the accusation of fraudulent misrepresentation in a transaction, amount in dispute > 80 million €
SRP defended the seller in a transaction against allegations of fraudulent misrepresentations. SRP defeated the claim to rescind the transaction, negotiated a settlement and coordinated the seller’s criminal defense with the seller’s trial lawyers.